Shakespeare’s Globe has announced a new series of events for the winter, including a range of guided walking tours…
• 18 November – 8 February: Shakespeare’s True Crimes Walking Tour explores the criminal history of the historic Bankside community, including Shakespeare himself, duelling actors and rival playwrights.
• 20 November – 16 April: A unique Heaven to Hell Guided Tour offers Globe Members the opportunity to discover the backstage world of Shakespeare's Globe and tread the boards of its wooden 'O'. Members and Patrons can explore the theatre’s secrets from the attic to the under-Globe, and discover how its productions are staged. Visit the Globe website to find out how to become a Member.
• 24 November – 26 February: As the nights drawn in, the Twilight Walking Tour will visit Shakespeare’s evening haunts, conjuring images of midnight revels and demons from Shakespeare’s Bankside after dark.
• 2 December – 8 February: Visitors can explore the Globe through a whole host of guided tours, including the Ghosts & Ghouls Family Tour, bringing to life the scary happenings of Shakespeare’s most chilling plays, including the witches’ spells in Macbeth and the ghostly moments in Hamlet. Visitors will delve into Shakespeare and his audiences’ love of the supernatural and discover London’s mysterious folklore.
• 15 December – 16 February: The Pride Guided Tour brings to life the queer stories and characters from Shakespeare’s life and works in what was an important era in LGBTQ+ history.
• 19 December – 25 February: Celebrate the holiday season on a Festive Family Tour of the Globe theatre, hearing how Christmas was observed in Shakespeare’s time and the folk traditions practiced to welcome winter.